BUILD THE CONFERENCE AS THE CLIMAX OF REFUGEE WEEK AND THE START OF THE
PROTESTS AGAINST THE G8
NO ONE IS ILLEGAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
The No One Is Illegal Manifesto Group is part of a global network of
No Borders/No One Is Illegal campaigns. Come to our second annual
gathering and see how we can internationalise the struggle.
“THEIR SLOGANS AND OURS”
SATURDAY, June 25th 2005 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Cross St Chapel, Cross Street, Manchester
(City Centre). 2 minutes walk from Albert Square, 15 minutes from
Piccadilly. Wheel-chair accessible
COME AND DISCUSS WHAT IS MEANT BY OUR SLOGANS
> NO ONE IS ILLEGAL!
> SOLIDARITY NOT SYMPATHY!
> FOR A WORLD WITHOUT BORDERS!
> DEFEND THE OUTLAWS!
Let’s discuss how we can implement these slogans
· How do we encourage the labour movement to unionise ALL workers
irrespective of immigration status & support their fight to remain?
· How can the unions resist & sabotage internal controls & fight to
break the link between immigration status & welfare entitlements?
· How can we pressurise local authorities, voluntary & community groups
to resist the lure of immigration slave labour?
· How do we fight deportation cases through solidarity & not by appeals
· How do we organise direct action alongside the ‘undocumented’?
· How do we internationalise the struggle by working with other No One
Is Illegal/No Borders groups globally?
· How do we place this struggle as a central & crucial part of the
resistance against racism?
Entry by donation. Conference will start on time at 1pm. Light
refreshments will be available from 12.15pm. There is no need
to register in advance but it would help us if you could indicate if you intend to come.
Our address is: NOII c/o Bolton Socialist Club, 16, Wood Street, Bolton
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Website: http://www.noii.org.uk
Download a 1 page full colour flyer