CLOSE DOWN DALLAS COURT! DEFEND ASYLUM SEEKERS!
• 18 May 2006 - Elizabeth, a Ugandan rape and torture survivor, was kidnapped at Dallas Court in Salford and deported 11 June. Elizabeth was repeatedly raped, whipped and beaten for 5 months in Uganda. She eventually escaped and fled to Britain where she claimed asylum. Elizabeth’s asylum claim and appeal were rejected.
• 9 June 2006 - Mr N. was kidnapped when he ‘reported’ at Dallas Court. Having fled torture and beatings in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Mr. N came to Britain in July 2002 and applied for political asylum. His claim was refused. Between 1998 and 2006, at least 4 million people have died in the war in DRC.
• 17 July 2006 - 62-year-old persecuted Iranian political refugee Shahin Ghaydari was kidnapped after going to ‘report’ at Dallas Court and deported on 20 July. She was taken to Yarl’s Wood Detention Centre where she went on hungerstrike, refusing food and water for four days. Although she was very sick and also mentally ill, the Home Office did not allow her legal representation or a solicitor.
• 16 August 2006, Refugee Jean Libouka from Congo (Brazzaville) was kidnapped after going to 'report' at Dallas Court, Manchester, and taken to Campsfield Immigration Removal Centre, Oxfordshire. The racist Home Office intends to deport him 'in a week', separating him from his wife and two children who have 'indefinite leave to remain' in Britain.
• We demand an end to kidnappings at Dallas Court!
• Close Down Dallas Court Reporting Centre!
• Legal representation for all asylum seekers as a right!
• Release all asylum detainees - seeking asylum is not a crime!
• We support the hungerstrikers at detention centres!
• No to state racism! Defend all asylum seekers!
• No to deportations! No to the racist Labour government!
Friday 15th September 2006,
Dallas Court Reporting Centre,
South Langworthy Road, Salford Quays
Called by NWASDG - (North West Asylum Seekers Defence Group)
Supported by Defend Kalombo Campaign and Fight Racism! Fight Imperialism!