ISRAEL OUT OF LEBANON,
GAZA & THE WEST BANK
Cathays Park (opposite City Hall/National Museum)
Last week, Bush and Blair prevented world leaders from calling for a ceasefire in the Middle East, instead they have allowed Israel to inflict collective punishment on the people of Gaza & Lebanon and commit crimes against humanity.
In Lebanon, a whole country torn to shreds:
* More than 300 civilians killed
* 500,000 people have fled their homes
* All major roads, 55 bridges and 7 airports destroyed, no supplies reaching many areas
* Hospitals, apartment buildings, churches, mosques, factories, petrol stations bombed,
* Lebanon's largest dairy farm, pharmaceutical factories, food supply depots destoryed
* Desperate need for water, medicines and sanitation for those fleeing Israel's bombardment.
Israel says that all this is justified because 2 Israeli soldiers have been taken prisoner, willfully forgeting that over 9,000 Palestinians & Lebanese are held captive in Israeli prisons, many without any criminal charges being made.
Emergency demonstration called by Stop the War Coalition groups in South Wales. Supported by Palestine Solidarity Cymru, Palestinian Society of Wales and many other organisations and individuals. To add your name or organisation to the list of supporters e-mail email@example.com
Please publicise this demo to as many people as possible - as soon as possible!
CARDIFF: EYEWITNESS REPORT FROM LEBANON THIS TUESDAY
ANDREW COOMBES, evacuated from Lebanon by the British embassy this week will give an eyewitness report of Israeli brutality. Read Andrew's online account of Israel's destruction of Lebanon on the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/reports/international/middle_east_20060718.shtml
ZAHERA HARB, Lebanese journalist who reported on Israel's massacre in Qana, in South Lebanon, in 1996, and is currently researching the media war between Israel & Lebanon.
MOHAMMED ISSA, Palestinian doctor from Gaza.
JONNY JONES, President of Swansea University Stop the War Group.
Tuesday 25 July at 7 pm
Riverside Community Centre
Brunel Street (off Ninian Park Road)