Cathays Park (opposite City Hall/National Museum)
Last week, Bush and Blair prevented world leaders from calling for a ceasefire in the Middle East, instead they have allowed Israel to inflict collective punishment on the people of Gaza & Lebanon and commit crimes against humanity.
In Lebanon, a whole country torn to shreds:
* More than 300 civilians killed
* 500,000 people have fled their homes
* All major roads, 55 bridges and 7 airports destroyed, no supplies reaching many areas
* Hospitals, apartment buildings, churches, mosques, factories, petrol stations bombed,
* Lebanon's largest dairy farm, pharmaceutical factories, food supply depots destoryed
* Desperate need for water, medicines and sanitation for those fleeing Israel's bombardment.
Israel says that all this is justified because 2 Israeli soldiers have been taken prisoner, willfully forgeting that over 9,000 Palestinians & Lebanese are held captive in Israeli prisons, many without any criminal charges being made.
Emergency demonstration called by Stop the War Coalition groups in South Wales. Supported by Palestine Solidarity Cymru, Palestinian Society of Wales and many other organisations and individuals. To add your name or organisation to the list of supporters e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please publicise this demo to as many people as possible - as soon as possible!