Although they aim to be generally open to guests very soon, visitors are asked to contact the library on their mobile 07913 720136, or, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange to view by appointment.
The Sparrows' Nest was established by the Anarchist Federation’s Nottingham group with the involvement of other class struggle anarchists. The Library and Archive is our major project. We set it up to inform people about the ideology and history of Anarchism in its many forms, and about working class struggles in our region.
Some of contents of the existing library and archive are as follows:
* The Sparrows' Nest book collection. Books and pamphlets by and about anarchists, and directly influencing or influenced by Anarchist thought and practice. It has an oversize shelf too.
* The Sparrows’ Nest public archive. Papers and other historical anarchist materials.
* The Sparrows’ Nest periodicals collection. Current and back-issues of papers and magazine still very much alive and kicking.
* The Sparrows’ Nest art collection. Novels, poems and art by and about anarchists.
* Personal archives already in custody. A local anarchist’s collection; International and UK Anarchist organisations; A local labour activist’s collection.
* General Left’s collection. Non-anarchist materials that Anarchists also read.
If you have any material you would like to donate or be held in the library or archive, please contact us! Donations to help us build the collections are welcome. Please get in touch.
Listen to an interview The Sparrows' Nest - a centre for anarchist education and culture on Notts Indymedia (30th November 2008).
Tel: 07913 720136
Anarchist federation, Nottingham Group
Photographer - Media: One Eye on the Road. Nottingham. UK
Member of the National Union of Journalists [No: 014345]
"It is not enough to curse the darkness.
It is also necessary to light a lamp!!"