Antiborder Camp 2-7 July 2003 at Krynka
1. The camp starts on 2 July 2003 in Bialystok with an antiborder
demonstration protesting against the closing of the borders of Fortress
Europe. A day earlier, in the squat, there'll be a DeCentrum concert as
the unofficial start of all the actions. Everybody who needs to
is welcome to stay in the squat overnight, but please don't insist on
luxury comforts, since there won't be too much space. If anyone can
help out with providing accommodation in other places please do so...
2. After the demonstration, the participants will be able to go to Krynka
by bus, the cost per person is 5 zloty (1.25 euro), don't complain, we
3. We decided to commit ourselves to a rather radical form of action, like
two years ago - no cooperation with the authorities!
4. Since there'll be two theoretico-practical festivals in Warsaw during
the few preceding days, we would rather do creative, direct actions,
every day during our presence in Krynka, having contact with the local
inhabitants and making the lives of local authorities difficult.
We would also like to remind the local village mayor (wójt), how
grateful we are for what happened 2 years ago... for his repression
against the people who wanted to help us as well as against us. As a
reminder - very many local people had problems, as did colleagues who
themselves participated in the antiborder demonstrations.
5. We invite you to quickly make your proposals...
6. There should not be people in the camp who only come for drinking -
people who come for a punk piss-up party and other sorts of rubbish should
7. On the practical side, we need: water containers, military tents,
camping gas bottles (the bigger the better) and burners.
8. We need people for security as well as with medical knowledge -
we'll have a small team, but we won't be able to everything on our own...
9. We need people who prepare propaganda/public relations material
10. Regarding the demonstration in Bialystok, we would like it to be
exciting and creative, but please be aware that the local team may be
held responsible for everybody, so all actions should at least be
widely consensed on, or else at least we should be informed, so that
afterwards we can take care of possible consequences..
So we invite everybody to the Summer Without Borders!!!
Contact: soja2 at poczta.onet.pl