Time: from 7pm
Location: Rampart Creative Centre (15-17 rampart street, London E1 2LA)
An evening of radical film screening/exchange, discussion, and skill
sharing, for people interested in or involved with the use of video as a tool for
on similar things, the evening represents and opportunity to:
· Exchange completed films or useful footage.
· Build a database / archive of films available for screening.
· Show your work and get constructive criticism.
· Find or hear about good films for screening.
· Get inspiration from what other people have been doing.
· Seek help with your unfinished projects.
· Share information, skills and experiences.
· Get help, advice or training.
· Link video producers with screening and distribution projects.
· Meet or form collectives if you are fed up with working alone.
· Find useful information (like where to buy miniDV tapes for £1.69!!)
Bring films, footage, cameras, laptops, cables, blank tapes/cdr etc.
The aim is to nurture the growing culture of alternative and radical video
activism in the UK and to help strengthen the informal networks of video
producers and screeners. You don’t need to be a full time video activist or
social justice filmmaker to benefit from this event. Anyone who’s taken a
camcorder to a protest, or has footage they don’t know what to do with,
anyone wanting to learn how to shot better video or perhaps start editing
your own films - this event is for you too.
Some of the films being shown will include a ten minute piece about the
rampART, and one about the Sutton Street squat. If you have a film that you
have made and would like to show and talk about, please email us with
details before the event (title, subject, length, format). A list of the
films being shown will be sent out the day before.
If this works well, we could make this a regular event, perhaps once a
(Anyone interested in this stuff might also like to check out