indy | 09.03.2005 22:52 | G8 2005
• Dissent!: A network of resistance against the G8 formed groups and individuals who have previously been involved in radical ecological direct action, the Peoples' Global Action, the anti-war movement and the global anti-capitalist movement.
• Ten Pounds Appeal: Raising funds to pay for convergence spaces, transport, medic and legal teams during the summit.
• G8 Alternatives: A coalition of left political parties, unions and organisations to planning for a mass protest against the G8 and a counter-summit.
• Make Poverty History: A coalition of UK-based NGO's, charities and organisations.
• Cre8 Summit: Cre8 Summit is a group of people from Glasgow and beyond who see that the problems caused by the G8 are global but the solutions are local. Working on local community projects.
• Trident Ploughshares: Direct action against nuclear submarine base in Faslane, west coast of Scotland.
• G8 Faslane Blockade website: www.faslaneg8.com
• Resist G8 2005: The Peoples' Global Action Conference in Europe is calling for a global day of action on the opening day of the G8 Summit. A call for people to converge in Scotland to disrupt the conference, and for action to be taken simultaneously in villages, towns and cities world-wide.
• G8 Blockades:T here has been a call to autonomous direct action groups to be part of a series of blockades onf the first day of the G8 Summit (Wednesday 6 July) This website collects calls to action, resources and maps of the area.
• South East Assembly: A network of anti-authoritarian groups and individuals in the South East, interested in actively resisting the UK presidency of the G8, and the summit of G8 leaders this year at Gleneagles. Also travel information to the G8 summit events.
• No Deal: A Carnaval for Full Enjoyment in Edinburgh against wage slavery, dole slavery, army slavery and debt slavery. • G8 Feminist Action Scotland: An autonomous network of feminist individuals and groups who have come together to help co-ordinate a response to the summit.
• People and Planet: Student network organising G8 Summer camp, counter events etc
• Reshape Edinburgh: Edinburgh's network of resistance to the G8 summit.
• Trapese: A popular education collective which aims to provoke debate and inspire positive social change through interactive workshops and various social events, as well as to inform and mobilise around the issues behind the G8
• G8 Cycle Caravan A network of activists & cyclists based in diverse local groups, that are organising a cycle tour from London to Edinburgh arriving in Edinburgh on the 6th July 2005
• G8 Bike Ride: A Critical Mass planning to cycle to Scotland for the G8 Summit. An opportunity to network, show support for various campaigns along the way, and to make plans for action on arrival.
• G8 Legal Support: Legal advice on scottish law and legal support during the demonstrations.
• The People's Golfing Association: The PGA will be holding the Peoples' Open Golfing Tournament during the G8 summit, and plan to be playing golf on the sumptuous greens of Gleneagles during the G8 schmooze-fest.
• CIRCA: The Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army.
• The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination: A new network of socially engaged artists and activists whose work falls in between resistance and creativity, culture and politics, art and life.
• UK Action Medics: A network of activists, doctors and nurses who have first aid skills, organising medic support for the G8 protests in Scotland.
• Dissent update of anti G8 events, transport and accomodation.
• Resist G8 trains new departure times.
• Cambridge Action Network information on anti-G8 transport hubs, offering lifts, and explanations of how to get to Scotland from the rest of the UK and from Europe.
• French mobilisation
• Spanish mobilisation
• Dissent! German mobilisation
• Dissent! Ireland
• G8Alternatives Forum: An open forum for organising the G8-Alternatives Events, Gleneagles 2005.
• Resist G8 2005 Forum: A forum in Enrager.net, a libertarian resource & community for Britain.
Official Summit related Links:
• Perth & Kinross Council G8 website: www.perthshireg8.com
• University of Toronto G8 Information Centre www.g8.utoronto.ca
• Official G8 Summit website www.g8.gov.uk