This is a resource that will be kept updated as new information comes in.
Also see PGA Website Timeline of Events
There are also many cultural activities and other events currently not listed. More events are expected to be added - please only post additional public information on events below.
* June 12 - 17 : Cre8 Summit - Community projects and workshops in Glasgow - see http://www.dissent.org.uk/content/blogsection/20/
* June 10 to 11 - G8 Finance Ministers meeting, London
* June 16 to 17 - G8 Justice & Interior Ministers, Sheffield (with protests and events running from June 10th with protests, counter conference etc inc protests on 11th, 15th, 16th) - See: http://dissent.org.uk/content/view/192/107/ | http://www.sheffield.dissent.org.uk/ | http://www.sheffieldagainstwar.org.uk
* June 17 - Bike Caravan to Gleneagles begins in Brighton - see http://www.g8cyclecaravan.org and http://www.g8bikeride.org.uk
* June 20 - Jubilee Rickshaw Freedom Riders Depart Westminster to Edinburgh - see http://www.wfinger.demon.co.uk/rickshaw/
* Friday 1st July - Cycle caravans arrive and Critical Mass Bicycle protest in Edinburgh
* Friday 1st July - Come to the Cabar8! A night of music, performance, comedians, bands, mc's, surprises and much more to celebrate the resistance to the G8 summit. Features CIRCA, Rob Newman, Geisha's of Gaiety, TRAPESE, Kevvy K and the Lurve Reaction. Starts 9pm at the Bongo Club, 37 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh. More info on the TRAPESE website
* Saturday 2nd July - The Make Poverty History coalition are planning a high profile celebrity backed campaign with a demonstration / rally for Edinburgh (estimated to attract 100,000 - 200,000 people). Starts 11am, with staggered starts at 12pm, 1pm and 2pm finishing with speakers, entertainments and stalls in The Meadows - See http://www.makepovertyhistory.org | Route Map pdf at http://www.wdmscotland.org.uk/media/campaigns/g8/mph_edinburgh_2_july_map.pdf
* Saturday 2nd July - Edinburgh: Stop The War Coalition Rally (after MPH march) 4pm Bruntsfield Links - see: http://www.stopwar.org.uk
* Saturday 2nd July - Live8 Pop Concerts - london, france, germany, italy, US etc - see: http://www.live8live.com
* Saturday 2nd - Friday 8 July: Live Music at the Rural Convergence Camp, HoriZone in Stirling.
* Sunday 3rd July - Glasgow: Cre8 Summit Family Day Street Carnival
* Sunday 3rd July - Glasgow: Make Borders History - see: http://www.makebordershistory.org
* Sunday 3rd July - Edinburgh: Stop The War Coalition Naming the Dead Ceremony. 6pm corner of Princess Street/The Mound marching through Edinburgh to Carlton Hill. - see: http://www.stopwar.org.uk
* Sunday 3rd July - Edinburgh: 'G8 Corporate Dreams... Global Nightmare' Counter Conference - 11am till 6pm - World Development Movement, War on Want, People & Planet and Friends of the Earth - Speakers include: George Monbiot, Trevor Ngwane, Meena Raman, Walden Bello, Caroline Lucas, Joel Bakan (The Corporation) and The Yes Men - see: http://www.corporateg8.org | http://www.wdmscotland.org.uk/campaigns/g8/
* Sunday 3rd July - Edinburgh: G8Alternatives Counter Conference - Multiple venues and events - 10am till 9pm - see: http://www.g8alternatives.org.uk
* Sunday 3rd - 8th July: People and Planet Summer Festival - see: http://www.peopleandplanet.org/g8/
* Sunday 3rd July: Anarchist/Anti-Authoritarian Assembly in Edinburgh University.
* Monday 4th July: Faslane G8 Blockade - A 'Really Really Big Blockade' type direct action by Trident Ploughshares (TP) and CND is planned for Faslane nuclear submarine base. TP will set up a convergence space in Glasgow. Coaches will be provided from Glasgow and Edinburgh. See : http://www.faslaneg8.com
* Monday 4th July : Carnival for Full Enjoyment - Edinburgh - See: http://www.nodeal.org.uk
* Tuesday 5th July : Demonstration at Dungavel detention centre called by Glasgow Campaign to Welcome Refugees. Coaches from Glasgow and Edinburgh
* Tuesday 5th July : Global Warming 8 Conference - Edinburgh (9.30am-12pm) organised by Working Group on Development and Climate Change - Eight participants, primarily from developing countries, have been invited to speak on climate change and development see pdf - http://www.foe-scotland.org.uk/events/GW8_flyer.pdf
* Tuesday 5th July : Beacons of Dissent! Action - lighting beacons on the hills surrounding the G8 Summit.
* Wednesday 6th July: G8 Summit Begins at Gleneagles
* Wednesday 6th July: The Peoples' Global Action Conference 2004 in Europe called for a global day of action on - the opening day of the G8 Summit. This is a call for people to converge in Scotland to disrupt the conference, and for action to be taken simultaneously in villages, towns and cities world-wide.
* Wednesday 6th July: Blockades against the G8 Summit - see: http://g8blockades.org.uk
* Wednesday 6th July: Gleneagles: G8 Alternatives 'Another World is Possible' demonstration - planning for at least 10,000 people to assemble at 12pm midday at Gleneagles Train Station - currently under negotiations - see: http://www.g8alternatives.org.uk/admin/test/g8Mambo/content/view/109/77/
* Wednesday 6th July: Culmination of "The Long Walk To Justice", with hundreds of thousands of people encouraged to converge in Edinburgh (followed by a pop concert) - see: http://www.live8live.com
* Thursday 7th July: Seems to currently be earmarked for continuing blockades, decentralised actions, prisoner support demonstrations, and the Peoples' Open Golfing Tournament (see http://www.tao.ca/%7Ewrench/dist/g8/pga.html)
* Thursday 7th July @ 1345hrs : FOE Climate Alarm Action: FOE will set off alarms outside the summit which should reach the delegates inside Gleneagles - everyone else encouraged to join in where ever they are - see: http://www.foe-scotland.org.uk/nation/g8_alarm_sound.html
* Friday 8th July: (last day of the summit) will see actions themed around Climate Change in Scotland and decentralised locations - see http://cca.movingpages.org/
* The Peoples Golfing Association, the Clandestine Insurrectionary Rebel Clown Army and (hill) walkers are also planning responses around the summit....