There are several different ways people coming to court can be supported:
- If you live in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, Perth or Falkirk please get in touch if you are able to provide accommodation for people facing court and their friends or family
- Cash is needed to help with fares for defendants, friends and family members who don't live in Scotland
- Come to court to support people while their cases are being heard
- Sending postcards and writing to people in custody
- Arranging for delivery of books and small amounts of money to prisoners in custody
- Welcoming prisoners on release and providing local accommodation if needed.
Please get in touch if you were arrested at the G8 and are due in court and want us to help in any way. We are going to try and be in court for everyone coming to trial - please let us know if you are in court so we can be there to support you.
If you need any legal advice then get in touch with the G8 Legal Support Team at G8legalsupport@riseup.net or write to G8 Legal Support c/o LDMG BM Box HAVEN London WC1N 3XX
If you are interested in helping people due in court in any way please contact us: July 2005 Solidarity Group c/o 17 West Montgomery Place Edinburgh EH7 5HA July2005solidarity@yahoo.co.uk or leave a message on 0131 557 6242
All interested very welcome. We are currently holding meetings very regularly in both Edinburgh and Glasgow. Contact us if you want to get involved.
July 2005 Solidarity Group
July 2005 Solidarity