WE'LL REPEAT IT SLOWLY: WHICH PART OF THE WORD 'NO' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
IAEA SAYS NO EVIDENCE OF IRANIAN N-WEAPONS PLAN
[HR: Bying an Mk-54 SAD-suitcase nuke 'off the shelf' only costs a fraction - http://tinyurl.com/jxlkk]
REPORT LIKELY TO INFLUENCE AGENCY'S VIENNA MEET
DUBAI - 01/03/2006 - As the countdown for a crucial meeting on Iran on March 6 gets under way, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has revealed that it has not found any evidence that Teheran had diverted material towards making atomic weapons.
In its report which has been circulated to its 35 board members, the IAEA said that its three years of investigations had not shown "any diversion of nuclear material to nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices", the Associated Press reported.
However, it called upon Iran to substantially increase its cooperation with the IAEA inspectors as the agency has not been able "to conclude that there are no undeclared nuclear materials or activities in Iran."
Without heightened cooperation, the agency would be unable to establish whether some of Iran's past nuclear activities under wraps were not linked to the manufacture of nuclear weapons. Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki who has been visiting Japan said, "They (IAEA) could not find evidence which shows that Iran has diverted from its peaceful purposes of nuclear activities in Iran."
The report is likely to strongly influence the March 6 meeting in Vienna where the IAEA board is expected to discuss the future course of action on Iran.
On February 4, the board had decided to report Iran's case to the U.N. Security Council, which can take action against Iran, including the imposition of economic sanctions.
Buoyed by the report, Iran is rushing the head of its Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Larijani to Russia for another round of talks.
A Russian delegation led by Sergei Kiriyenko held talks with Iran over the weekend.
These discussions had revolved around the establishment of a joint venture facility in Russia, which would produce enriched uranium for generating electricity.
That meeting produced an "agreement in principle" on this subject.
However, later, differences appear to have surfaced on another issue — on whether Iran would be allowed to operate a small-scale enrichment plant for research purposes.
The IAEA report said that Iran had begun enrichment using 10 centrifuges — a move which can result in the production of only minute quantities of enriched uranium.
[UP TO TWO-THOUSAND-FIVE-HUNDRED CENTRIFUGES ARE NEEDED TO START REAL PRODUCTION - HR]
[andend] - 2006 The Hindu - http://tinyurl.com/mko68
March 1 - 2006 - at 07.30 hrs GMT - Google selected 'news' - ALL 1,680 RELATED: Iran open to nuclear talks if US sincere Tehran Times - Iran Says It Opposes Nuclear Weapons ABC News - The Moscow Times - Outlook (subscription) - MOSNEWS - CNN - Google 'news' search - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/msxux
FPF/HR on Buckley / Irving - Freedom of Opinion article / Beirut - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/jrl3a
Buckley / Cronkite - End of illegal US wars: "Not only does Buckley no longer believe that the war in Iraq can be won. He goes further than Cronkite did in 1968 and calls for “the acknowledgment of defeat” as the best way to “submit to a historical reality without forswearing basic commitments in foreign policy.” - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/jt47l
Wikipedia - William F. Buckley - 'Skull & Bones' / CIA - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/fmvdv
Ex-U.N. Inspector Ritter: Decision Already Made To Attack Iran - Story at TinyUrl.: http://tinyurl.com/atfe3 - Or: ICH - Url.: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article11812.htm
An example of Rumsfeld's 'Lie Factory' spouting lies and propaganda is IranMania.com, one of the many web sites spreading propaganda for the PNAC warmongers in Washington. Concerning the fake 'threat' by Iran: ''[Foreign Minister] FM stands firm on Iran's nuclear program'' is the headline the same day as Iran is declared 10 years away from any nuclear weapon - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/zazw2
VERY MUCH RELATED INFORMATION:
* UN Figures Show: US Controls Iran Permanently - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/c2g2q
* Pew Poll - The radioactive image of the US http://tinyurl.com/78sfd
* UN report on DU poisoning - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/be7aa
* A death sentence here and abroad - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/4p3qh
* Deutsche Welle - US war is cancer article/English - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/57cqp
* Iraq / DU-disaster Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6o4na
* Professor, Dr. K. Yagasaki report - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6ljxa
* Bush interview. ABC: No WMD's but many killed: "It was worth it". - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6bal9
* Former Secr. of State Madeleine Albright in her comment on the at least half a million dead children in Iraq: "We think it's worth it" On CBS 60' Minutes - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/2vmc8
* P.M. - Compliant media - Hitler: An Officer and a Gentleman? - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/3eepa
* A crime against humanity is an act of persecution against a group, so heinous as to warrant punishment under international law: Please scroll - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6rphj
* HR - The US: Making Dead Friends? - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/8sswk
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor : Henk Ruyssenaars