DOUBLING OF NIGHT FLIGHTS; QUADRUPLING THE TONNAGE
The recently published Nottingham East Midlands Airport Master Plan for the next 25 years reveals the airport management’s intention to increase the number of air traffic movements to a massive 137,000 per year by 2016 - with most of the growth expected in the very near future.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO OBJECT TO THE EXPANSION PLANS ?
1. Write to one or all of the addresses in the adjacent box.
2. Sign the petition on the DEMAND web site http://www.demand.uk.net
3. Contact the campaign HQ (0116 2599929) DEMAND HQ, PO Box 7848, Kings Norton, Leics. LE7 9WX to make a donation (cheques made payable to ELVAA please) or to offer other means of support.
4. Attend a meeting at Illston-on-the-Hill Village Hall at 7pm on 17th March (guest speaker: Edward Garnier MP).
5. Request a copy of the Master Plan (‘phone 0845 6100626 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) and respond to the accompanying questionnaire.
DEMAND that EAST MIDLANDS AIRPORT is NOW DESIGNATED
No noisy night freight over the East Midlands.
Objection letters should be sent to:
The Minister for Aviation
Department for Transport
Great Minster House
76 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DR
Mrs Penny Coates
Nottingham East Midlands Airport, Castle Donington
Derby DE74 2SA
Director Airspace Policy
London WC2B 6TE
Your local MP
c/o House of Commons
London SW1 0AA
Draft letters WILL BE available at http://www.demand.uk.net
The DEMAND Campaign Group started life as ELVAA – East Leicestershire Villages Against Airspace – but has now broadened its activities to include the concerns of all residents affected by NEMA’s operations and with its principal aim being the designation of the airport.
DEMAND needs to raise in excess of £7000 to cover independent consultancy fees and to support its activities generally. Please send donations and other offers of support to the campaign HQ. DEMAND is a properly constituted organization, supported by local MPs from
all political parties. It also has the support of Leicestershire CC as well as district and parish councils.
Chairman East Leicestershire Villages Against Airspace and DEMAND Campaign Group 01162596990
DEMAND HQ, PO Box 7848, Kings Norton, Leicestershire. LE7 9WX