Aspartame/Formaldehyde/Methanol as an Artificial Sweetener, by Stephen Fox,
Author of Resolution to create a New United Nations Undersecretary General
for Nutrition, and Secretariat to be based in Santa Fe, New Mexico
The Honorable Andrew Von Eschenbach,
Commissioner, United States Food and Drug Administration
Fax (301) 443-3100
Dear Dr. Eschenbach:
You have 72 hours to comply with my order to you to rescind the FDA approval
for Aspartame, the artificial sweetener that is metabolized as aspartic acid,
phenylalanine, methyl ester, which is then converted into methanol, and
formaldehyde. Other adverse reactions result from the reactions between the
aluminum in the cans between the phosphoric acid, the 3rd largest ingredient
in most "soft" drinks, and include diketopiperazine, a proven brain tumor-
One of your predecessors, Arthur Hull Hayes, approved it at the request of
the President of G.D. Searle, and resigned his position in disgrace. This
product has 92 listed symptoms compiled at the FDA. Please examine them
before issuing your rescinding order: the list is stupendous: Lou Gehrig's
(ALS), Multiple Sclerosis, Brain Tumors, etc.
These result from the methanol and formaldehyde plaques, and other effects,
for example, binding to the DNA. Aspartame is the scourge of modern health,
and is consumed by 70% of the people in the United States, and 40% of the
children. It is found in over 600 children's medications, vitamins, and
aspirin, and in medications for Parkinson's disease.
All of the drug manufacturers use this additive as a sweetener, and almost
all of the food manufacturers, including Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola, Kraft Foods,
Altria Corporate Services, Ajinomoto of Japan (whose factory is in Savannah,
Georgia), and so on. The list is quite long. They will object and perhaps
take you to court with their phony 200 industry paid for studies" proving"
that adding formaldehyde and methanol to food products and pharmaceutical
products is "safe." Of course, we will win, and no judge will rebuff your
beneficent action in this regard.
If you have any questions, please examine the Medical Text by Dr. H.J.
Roberts, ( email@example.com)--561-588-7628) Aspartame Disease: An Ignored
Epidemic, and his article: Aspartame Disease: An FDA Approved Epidemic, or
the text: Excitotoxins: the Taste That Kills, by Russell Blaylock, M.D.,
Neurosurgeon of Mississippi. As you may know, the FDA disapproved Aspartame
for 16 years, from its being patented in 1966 to 1981. The internal history
is quite sordid, among the more sordid chapters in the FDA's history,
involving the Public Board of Inquiry report, the recommendation that Searle
be indicted for fraud, Samuel Skinner, etc.
All of this is further detailed in Patricia Thomas' article The Shocking
History of Aspartame in the UK publication, the Ecologist, which you can
easily google and read. Also, read UK Member of Parliament Roger Williams
speech in Westminster Hall, December 14, 2005, which called for the same ban
in the UK of aspartame, which is now my order to you. If you have any further
questions, talk with:
1. William Henry Gates III and Melinda French Gates, Microsoft
2. His Majesty, King Abdullah of Jordan
3. Her Majesty, Queen Noor of Jordan
4. Prime Minister, Stephen Harper of Canada
5. Dr. Ernesto Derbez Bautista, Foreign Minister of Mexico
6. Queen Elizabeth II of England
7. His Royal Highness, Charles, the Prince of Wales
8. Harald V, King of Norway
9. Haakon Magnus, Crown Prince of Norway
10. His Majesty, Karl XVI Gustav, King of Sweden
11. Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden
12. His Majesty, Muhammad VI, King of Morocco
13. Yoweri Museveni, President of Uganda
14. Dominique de Villepin, Prime Minister of France
15. Inacio Luis da Silva, President of Brasil
16. Kofi Annan, Secretary General of the United Nations 212 963-5012
17. Louise Frechette, Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations
18. William Blaine Richardson, Governor of New Mexico 505 827-3000
19. Tom Udall, Congressman New Mexico and former Attorney General of New
20. Stewart Udall, former United States Secretary of Interior (505) 988-
21. Richard Bosson, Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court (505)
22. Patricio Serna, Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court (505) 827-
23. Roderick Kennedy, Judge, New Mexico Court of Appeals (505) 827-4850
24. Attorney General Patricia Madrid (505) 827-6000 (New Mexico)
25. Deputy Attorney General Stuart Bluestone (505) 827-6004 (New Mexico)
26. Attorney General Eliot Spitzer (New York) 518 474-7330
27. Attorney General William Lockyer (California) 916-445-9555
28. Attorney General Patrick Lynch (Rhode Island)
29. Attorney General W. Drew Edmondson (Oklahoma)
30. Attorney General Lisa Madigan (Illinois)
31. Attorney General Thurbert Baker (Georgia)
32. Attorney General Phill Kline (Kansas)
33. Attorney General Mike Hatch (Minnesota)
34. Attorney General Jeremiah Nixon (Missouri)
35. Attorney General Richard Blumenthal (Connecticut)
36. United States Senator Hillary Clinton (New York)
37. United States Senator Charles Grassley (Iowa)
38. New Mexico State Senator, Gerald Ortiz y Pino (505) 250-1280
I look forward to your reply. By complying with this order, you will relieve
500,000,000 people worldwide from further neurodegenerative and
damages resultant from their ingestion of aspartame/methanol/formaldehyde.
Your letter to His Imperial Excellency, Akihito, Emperor of Japan, Kunaicho
Imperial Palace, 1111 Chiyoda, Tokyo Japan, asking him to close the Ajinomoto
Factories henceforth is in order, as well as to Dominique de Villepin, asking
him to close the Ajinomoto Factory in France, is also very much in order.
217 W. Water St., Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501 USA 505 983-2002
REPLY By STEPHEN FOX (Submitted: 03/29/2006 1:20 pm )
My hope is that President Bush will encourage Dr. Eschenbach to go through with rescinding the FDA approval for Aspartame/Methanol/Formaldehyde. If you want to encourage him to do so, please send President Bush a Fax (202) 456-1414, or email him. This has happened before in 1969 with President Nixon rescinding the FDA approval of another known carcinogen, Cyclamates. Once, of course, the President of the USA realizes that this sweetener is found in 6000 food products and over 600 children's medications, how could not encourage the FDA Commissioner to rescind the approval for Aspartame, as an on-going and undeniable cause of illnesses which is one of the major reasons that the USA has dropped to 29th in global longevity statistics. I appreciate your interest, and perhaps, if for whatever bureaucratic exigency, aspartame's approval is not rescinded, the American people will continue to suffer from ailments resultant from Aspartame.
I have sent the Order to Dr. Von Eschenbach to many other heads of state, and they are all watching to see what the President does about this.
Often throughout human history, there is a log jam, a pileup, a gridlock, wherein nothing substantive gets done. This is why I took the decisive action implicit in this Order to the USA FDA Commissioner, because I could not tolerate another day watching over a billion people worldwide continue to drink a daily neurotoxic carcinogen, an abortifacient, a teratogen, etc.
My actions above are well founded in both the precepts of Preventive Medicine and in consumer protection statutes, most of which have never been even applied in New Mexico, as well as Federal Adulteration statutes, the 1958 Delaney Amendment to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Act which created the FDA in 1937, and common sense and logic, the medical protection of every sentient human being, to not only dodge toxic food additives, which very few seem to be even aware of, but to protect others, less advantaged people, with whom the stake is much greater, and the ruinous biochemical effects of most of American manufactured food products are even more compelling.
If no one stands up to protect consumers' health from the multinational toxic corporate conglomerates, where is the USA heading as a nation?