FPF - Dec. 27th 2006 - Today The New York Times in it's daily stream of propaganda confirms the support of the US junta's CIA for this new war against Somalia, another inhuman atrocity by the US managers using the usual and stupid and worn out pretext of their own* al Qaeda: "American intelligence officials theorize that the Islamists, who wrested control of Mogadishu in June from a coalition of warlords supported by the Central Intelligence Agency, have ties to a Qaeda cell based in East Africa that is responsible for the bombings of the American Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998."
No evidence, only by the CIA etc. themselves fabricated 'proof' is ever offered. No names, dates, nothing!
And if that wasn't enough to enlarge the usual pack of lies there's more 'hot air' produced by Washington for their propaganda media: "A spokeswoman for the State Department, Janelle Hironimus, said Ethiopia was trying to stem the flow of outside arms shipments to the Islamists. Ms. Hironimus added that Washington was concerned about reports that the Islamists were using child soldiers and abusing Ethiopian prisoners of war." This is absolutely baloney, scare mongering propaganda. None of this is true of course but the US propaganda mill grinds on against better human judgement and against human intelligence.
THE PRESS MUST NOT BE ALLOWED...
According to the New York Times: "On Tuesday, a day after an Ethiopian jet strafed the airport in Mogadishu, the capital, the State Department issued internal guidance to staff members, instructing officials to play down the invasion in public statements. “Should the press focus on the role of Ethiopia inside Somalia,” read a copy of the guidelines that was given to The New York Times by an American official here, “emphasize that this is a distraction from the issue of dialogue between the T.F.I.’s and Islamic courts and shift the focus back to the need for dialogue.” T.F.I. is an abbreviation for the weak transitional government in Somalia. “The press must not be allowed to make this about Ethiopia, or Ethiopia violating the territorial integrity of Somalia,” the guidance said.*
The same violations as the rogue US junta is guilty of in neighboring Sudan which still refuses an invasion by twenty-two-thousand (22.000) so called "peace keepers": an illegal occupation by heavily armed US/UN troops in oil rich Darfur to get the natural resources there. Also there the US junta makes the 'civil wars' and other conflicts which are than used by them - and they 'run' United Nations - to fix some 'UN resolution' to solve the (US made) problem so it can start the full scale killing and drilling under a UN fig leaf of humanitarian help to cover US interests.
ETHIOPIA HAS HAD THIS FALSE "HUMANITARIAN HELP" BY THE US, IT'S IMF, THE WORLD BANK, THE FAKE NGO'S AND SIMILAR KILLING AND ROBBING GROUPS FOR TEN YEARS AND THE LIFE EXPECTANCY HAS BEEN LOWERED TO FORTY-FIVE (45) YEARS. WHICH HELP? THEY KILL PEOPLE DAILY AND BY THE MILLIONS!
In a comment called "Somalia: in a hole and digging faster," David Seaton writes: "If you thought Bush was going to "go quietly" you are in for another think. Perhaps Bush's only chance to avoid his own personal humiliation is to widen and deepen the crisis. He is looking at a level of failure, exposure to ridicule and universal repudiation that few human beings will ever have to face. Although he makes much of his Christianity he doesn't seem to cultivate the Christian virtues of meekness, humility, repentance and truthfulness. The failure of conspicuously Christian, Jimmy Carter's presidency is nothing beside Bush's and if I can't imagine Bush resigning himself to a lifetime of redemption through good works... is this a failure of my imagination? So be prepared for universal collapse, catastrophe and war. Bush is his own little apocalypse." DS*
This is what via FPF was published yesterday: "US backed Ethiopia declares war on Somalia" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/vtrwd
"IN SOMALIA, A RECKLESS U.S. PROXY WAR."
In a comment even published by the 'International Herald Tribune' Salim Lone writes from Nairobi about this new incredible breach of all laws* and decency by the US junta in an article: "Undeterred by the horrors and setbacks in Iraq, Afghanistan and Lebanon, the Bush administration has opened another battlefront in the Muslim world. With full U.S. backing and military training, at least 15,000 Ethiopian troops have entered Somalia in an illegal war of aggression against the Union of Islamic Courts, which controls almost the entire south of the country.
As with Iraq in 2003, the United States has cast this as a war to curtail terrorism, but its real goal is to obtain a direct foothold in a highly strategic region by establishing a client regime there. The Horn of Africa is newly oil-rich, and lies just miles from Saudi Arabia, overlooking the daily passage of large numbers of oil tankers and warships through the Red Sea. General John Abizaid, the current U.S. military chief of the Iraq war, was in Ethiopia this month, and President Hu Jintao of China visited Kenya, Sudan and Ethiopia earlier this year to pursue oil and trade agreements.
The U.S. instigation of war between Ethiopia and Somalia, two of world's poorest countries already struggling with massive humanitarian disasters, is reckless in the extreme. Unlike in the run-up to Iraq, independent experts, including from the European Union, were united in warning that this war could destabilize the whole region even if America succeeds in its goal of toppling the Islamic Courts.
THOUSANDS OF NEW ANTI-U.S. MILITANTS AND TERRORISTS
An insurgency by Somalis, millions of whom live in Kenya and Ethiopia, will surely ensue, and attract thousands of new anti-U.S. militants and terrorists. [FPF: globally!]
With so much of the world convulsed by crisis, little attention has been paid to this unfolding disaster in the Horn. The UN Security Council, however, did take up the issue, and in another craven act which will further cement its reputation as an anti-Muslim body, bowed to American and British pressure to authorize a regional peacekeeping force to enter Somalia to protect the transitional government, which is fighting the Islamic Courts.
The new UN resolution states that the world body acted to "restore peace and stability." But as all major international news organizations have reported, this year Somalia finally experienced its first respite from 16 years of utter lawlessness and terror at the hands of the marauding warlords who drove out UN peace keepers in 1993, when 18 American soldiers were killed.
Since 1993, there had been no Security Council interest in sending peacekeepers to Somalia, but as peace and order took hold, a multilateral force was suddenly deemed necessary — because it was the Islamic Courts Union that had brought about this stability. Astonishingly, the Islamists had succeeded in defeating the warlords primarily through rallying people to their side by creating law and order through the application of Shariah law, which Somalis universally practice.
DOMINATED BY THE WARLORDS AND TERRORISTS
The transitional government, on the other hand, is dominated by the warlords and terrorists who drove out American forces in 1993. Organized in Kenya by U.S. regional allies, it is so completely devoid of internal support that it has turned to Somalia's arch- enemy, Ethiopia, for assistance.
If this war continues, it will affect the whole region, do serious harm to U.S. interests and threaten Kenya, the only island of stability in this corner of Africa.
Ethiopia is at even greater risk, as a dictatorship with little popular support and beset also by two large internal revolts, by the Ogadenis and Oromos. It is also mired in a conflict with Eritrea, which has denied it secure access to seaports.
The best antidote to terrorism in Somalia is stability, which the Islamic Courts have provided. The Islamists have strong public support, which has grown in the face of U.S. and Ethiopian interventions. As in other Muslim-Western conflicts, the world needs to engage with the Islamists to secure peace.
[andend] - 2006 The International Herald Tribune - Story Url.: http://iht.com/bin/print.php?id=4017649
* DAVID SEATON'S BLOG & COMMENTS - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/y99mrx
* THE NEW YORK TIMES WAR PROPAGANDA: "Warlords supported by the Central Intelligence Agency, have ties to a Qaeda cell based in East Africa that is responsible for the bombings of the American Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/y5vbum
* R.I.P. HABEAS CORPUS & POWERLESS JUDGES - Are we entering America's darkest hour? - Url.: http://www.cemab.be/news/2006/10/2015.php
* ETHIOPIAN WAR INVASION: THE ICC - THE 'INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT' IN THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, is absolutely in it's present form NO valid alternative for Justice, respecting human rights. The ICC never protests any of the horrible gigantic war crimes against humanity by the US/Israeli war machine. - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/p4lxz
* ETHIOPIA DECLARES WAR ON SOMALIA - Google's selection always backing the mainstream media - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yayqff
* Story 2006 from allAfrica.com - Url.: http://allafrica.com/stories/200612250185.html
* Al Qaeda – The Database - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cqx69
* Al Qaeda is a hoax - Url.: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fakealqaeda.html
* Very informative SudanNet info on US Africa policy - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ynhlkz
* Sudan: Killing and Drilling for Oil - Who's making fake rape videos in Darfur? - Sudan refuses an invasion by 20.000 US/UN troops in oil rich Darfur. - Url.: nyc.indymedia.org/en/2006/10/77586.htm
*THROW OUT WAR PROPAGANDISTS LIKE THE BBC, FOX, CNN ETC.! - Url.: http://www.cemab.be/news/2006/07/1632.php
* DUTCH AUTHOR HR this far has lived and worked abroad (never in an English speaking country) for more than 4 decades for international media as an independent foreign correspondent. Of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in North Africa, the Arab World and covering the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism!
* FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars