LYNCHING COMMON SENSE
FPF/HR Dec. 30th 2006 - Apparently the people in power do not understand which impact the hanging of Iraq's former ruler and US friend* Saddam Hussein this early Saturday morning has in especially the Arab/muslim world. American author Mary Pitt is correct in writing that now all cards are down concerning the US junta. Either you draw or loose she correctly writes. [ http://tinyurl.com/ymfuu2]
And while the unnatural advocates of capital punishment* dance on Saddam's grave, humanity ought to be mourning this renewed confirmation of the death of common sense among the 'advisers' of the US junta. Outside the US's malignant sphere of influence international law and the Geneva Conventions are still valid. According to those limits, stipulations and agreements the hanging of Saddam Hussein - and most of the action by the US war machine - according to the Geneva Conventions - also signed by the US - is illegal. Those are war crimes and ought to be punished as such. As I wrote before, last November 5th, in an article which without change can be republished today:
BUSH KILLED AN ESTIMATED 655.000 IN IRAQ... SO WHAT ABOUT HIS BUDDY SADDAM?
According to all outside the US valid international laws and the also by the US signed international treaties and conventions, changing a constitution, holding elections or appointing courts and judges in occupied territory is absolutely prohibited and illegal. And so are the 'verdicts'.
The Geneva Convention, Article 54 reads: "The Occupying Power may not alter the status of public officials or judges in the occupied territories, or in any way apply sanctions to or take any measures of coercion or discrimination against them, should they abstain from fulfilling their functions for reasons of conscience." This is confirmed in the The Hague War Convention, also signed by the earlier existing US, before it became a totally lawless dictatorship.
"Saddam Hussein was convicted and sentenced (today) Sunday to hang for crimes against humanity in the 1982 killings of 148 people in a single town, as the ousted leader, trembling and defiant, shouted "God is great!" As he, his half brother and another senior official in his regime were convicted and sentenced to death, Saddam yelled out, "Long live the people and death to their enemies. Long live the glorious nation, and death to its enemies!" (AP - formerly a 'news agency' - Now AP stands for 'American Propaganda')
Apparently the junta in the US abusing the world with the US/NATO war machine via the Pentagon, still refuses to understand that might does not make right, and their lies are globally spread again by war propaganda outlets like AP in the US and it's media collaborators, the parrots and 'spin doctors' in the US colonies. In The Netherlands for instance, the slavishly compliant and so called 'Christian government' betrayed as usual all decency, and the by 81% of the Dutch despised Washington stooge and PM Balkenende in the Dutch US compliant media called the illegal verdict 'satisfying'.
BUSH IS GUILTY OF AN ESTIMATED DEATH TOLL OF 655.000 IN IRAQ
This is not the inhuman and usually by the Washington 'crazies' concocted Kafkaesque idiocy anymore: this way of denial but anyhow acting is taken straight out of the 'smoke and mirror' fables of 'Alice in Wonderland'. Are we all supposed to have forgotten the fact that all over the world, and even in one of the Washington junta's worst propaganda papers, The Washington Post* it was published that in Iraq alone the US warmongers are guilty of an estimated death toll of sixhundred-and-fifty-five-thousand (655.000)?
A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred. The estimate, produced by interviewing residents during a random sampling of households throughout the country, is far higher than ones produced by other groups, including Iraq's government. It is more than 20 times the estimate of 30,000 civilian deaths that President Bush gave in a speech in December. It is more than 10 times the estimate of roughly 50,000 civilian deaths made by the British-based Iraq Body Count research group.*
It's there for everybody to see who can still read the overwhelming signs and understand why this creature Bush with his sick, dope and drink diluted mind, by the double nationality junta was put in the White House. As a front man for the junta's war machine and now - according to the latest dictatorial decree signed October 17th 2006 - via Bush they can order torture, kill and let disappear anybody in the world. It is fascism optima forma, but fully supported by the war machine's collaborators and their vile propaganda parrots in the US and its colonies.
EXECUTION OF MENTALLY RETARDED
In Texas Bush has left the 'Office of The Texas Governor' to his Lt. Governor Rick Perry, sworn in as 47th Governor of Texas on Thursday, December 21, 2000. Unfortunately Governor Perry, like his predecessor Bush, had little or no concern for the credibility of the Texas justice system. So Perry vetoed legislation that would have banned the execution of the mentally retarded. Proving what civilization is worth in Texas and among so called 'Christians' in the US. They can't even spell the word decency, those 'christian nuts' as Bush, Rove et.al. call the - them supporting - hypocrites behind their backs.
MASSAGE, SEX AND METHAMPHETAMINES
As was proved for the umpteenth time by Ted Haggard, the hypocritical ''President of the National Association of Evangelicals'' with 30 (thirty) million brainwashed members all over the US. Haggard admitted receiving massage from a man who claims to have exchanged sex for money with the church leader for three years. Haggard stepped down Thursday after Michael Jones, 49, said he had been having paid sex with Haggard once a month for three years and helped provided him with methamphetamine. That was bad, because Bush and the junta counted on their by fake 'religion' blinded support in the as usual rigged 'election' next Tuesday.
AMNESTY WARNED EARLIER
In London, commenting on Bush's killing record, a spokesman for Amnesty International earlier said: "We fear Governor Bush's record on the death penalty - he has presided over more than 150 executions, including of juvenile offenders, the mentally impaired and the inadequately represented - which does not bode well for efforts to rein the USA back from its increasing resort to judicial killing." It did not help that Amnesty many times urged Bush ''to adopt a broader awareness of human rights and international standards than he has displayed in Texas." - But he only got worse.
The death penalty is an issue that has caused widespread outrage in Europe, most dramatically in Italy where the late Pope John Paul was at the forefront of criticism of Washington and demanded an end to the taking of lives by governments in rogue states like the US. Yet most Americans are brainwashed, in denial, and/or unaware of the global uproar.
And for all the talk from private activists and officials on all levels in the corridors of power, those who sometimes are seen as 'moral leaders' but have much to do with cultivating the money making transatlantic partnership in key areas like defense and trade, those 'moral leaders' are still silent. And if you're silent you agree.
THE UNITED STATES TORE OUT 8000 PAGES OUT OF THE IRAQ DOSSIER FOR THE UN
They did not for instance say a word either, when the United States junta tore out 8000 pages out of the Iraq dossier for the UN, pages which were evidence, proving the US is ten thousand times worse than Saddam ever was. It ought to be quite clear who the real war criminals are: the Washington junta again making 'fall guys' of their former buddies in Iraq this time. - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yem6pc
But not even reports on all war crimes, torture or 655.000 dead in Iraq moves those creatures. Implying their absolute guilt by association, which the war crimes tribunals will take care of.
Capital punishment like hanging is wrong: it's much better to give Bush, the junta and their collaborators everywhere on earth, a life time sentence, so the punishment works as long as they vegetate in jail.
They deserve every second of it.
[andend] - Story also published in Washington DC - Url.: http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/136542/index.php
* Saddam Hussein shaking hands with Donald Rumsfeld who was again on a sales trip to Iraq - pictures - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yfz2am
* Google's selection of the mainstream propaganda concerning the hanging in Baghdad - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yjdnue
* Bush the Texecutioner - Url.: http://www.ccadp.org/serialpresident.htm
* International Outrage over Texecutioner Bush - Url.: http://ccadp.org/texecutioner-outrage.htm
* Like the fake constitution: elections or verdicts in Iraq are illegal - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/o5zpe
* Baghdad Burning - Riverbend on the illegal US made 'Iraq Constitution' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ybs6jf
* THE UNITED STATES TORE OUT 8000 PAGES OUT OF THE IRAQ DOSSIER FOR THE UN - Url.: http://www.sundayherald.com/30195
* The Independent (UK) - 655,000: The toll of war in Iraq - Url.: http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/article1842559.ece
* October 29, 2004 - 100,000 Iraqi dead - THE LANCET Report - The new study released in the U.K. this morning by the British medical journal of reference, THE LANCET, is devastating. - Url.: http://direland.typepad.com/direland/2004/10/100000_iraqi_de.html
* The Nuremberg principles: "Any person who commits an act which constitutes a crime under international law is responsible therefor and liable to punishment." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/byurp
* 'The war in Iraq is illegal' - BBC: video & text-interview of the United Nation's Secretary General Kofi Annan - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5pl2v
* Reference guide to the Geneva Conventions - Url.: http://www.genevaconventions.org
* US "Death Squad Protection Act" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6xdfw
* British MP George Galloway stated totally correct: ''Blair, Olmert and Bush are murderers'' - Url.: http://beirut.indymedia.org/en/2006/08/5072.shtml
*Throw out war propagandists like the BBC, FOX, CNN etc.! - Url.: http://www.cemab.be/news/2006/07/1632.php
* The Dutch author this far has lived and worked abroad - never in an English speaking country - for more than 4 decades for international media as an independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism!
* FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars
Henk Ruyssenaars - Foreign correspondent