Thursday 18 January 2007, 1.30 pm - 4.00 pm
to mark the 4th anniversary of the death of Sarah Elizabeth Campbell, 18
who died in the so-called care of HMP & YOI Styal on 18.01.03
Reporters & photographers are welcome to attend
(2) The 6 deaths have been described by INQUEST, London, as "a clear example of corporate manslaughter", yet no-one at the jail has been held to account.
(3) BBC report ("Dying for change") includes the above quote: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3955735.stm
(4) January 2005: the jury at Sarah's 11-day inquest returned a detailed narrative verdict, stating that a "failure in the duty of care", and "avoidable delays" in calling the ambulance, contributed to her death. (Jury did not return a "suicide" verdict.)
(5) September 2006: Home Office conceded liability, admitting that Sarah's human rights were breached under the European Convention on Human Rights, but it was a shameful admission. There was no apology. http://society.guardian.co.uk/crimeandpunishment/story/0,,1881338,00.html
(6) Prison address: HMP & YOI Styal, Styal Road, Styal, Nr Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 4HR, England, UK.
(7) Flowers will be laid in memory of Sarah at the vigil, and banners will be displayed. All are welcome to attend.