Attached is a one hour audio of Noam Chomsky speaking on 'a poisoned chalice': the media and the use of force, which was recorded at the 20 Years of Propaganda? conference held in Windsor, Canada, earlier this month. Noam Chomsky compares US aggression to Nuremberg standards of Nazi war crimes and discusses the occupation of Iraq, genocide and the role of the media in the fabrication of a pretext for war with Iran — it's pertiant to the discussion following the feature article on imperial disinformation.
Noam Chomsky speaks at the Chrysler Theatre in Windsor, Ontario, May 17, 2007
Other recordings made at the conference by Rise-Up Radio:
- Static: Government Liars, Media Cheerleaders and the People Who Fight Back — Amy Goodman's opening address
- Propaganda and Patriarchy — Lecture from Judy Rebick
- Herman/Chomsky discussion on Propaganda Model — Open discussion at the Propaganda Conference
- Pedagogy and the Propaganda Model — Sut Jhally
- Imperial Envy: Canada and the U.S. Empire — Linda McQuaig