Two years too long to wait for justice.
• Members of Jean's family
• Gareth Peirce
• Mark Thomas (tbc)
• Michael Mansfield QC (tbc)
• Asad Rehman (J4J Campaign)
Innocent Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes was shot dead on 22nd July 2005 at Stockwell tube station as the result of a disastrous police anti-terror operation.
Two years after his shooting:
• No police officer involved in his death has faced criminal proceedings
• The inquest into his death remains adjourned
• The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) report into the police operation on the day of his death remains secret
• The IPCC report into Sir Ian Blair also remains unpublished
• The family and public still have no answers about the use of Operation Kratos and the police shoot-to-kill policy.
Join the Menezes family on the second anniversary of his shooting to hear
about their continuing struggle for justice.
Jean Charles de Menezes Family Campaign
PO Box 273
Two years too long to wait for justice
6.30pm, Monday 23rd July 2007
Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square WC1
The War on Terror is a Lie