PLEASE SAVE US REFUGERS IN THIS COUNTRY, UKRAINE, I CAN NOT GO OUT SINCE THIS DAY, I DON'T HAVE FOOD, I DONT HAVE MONNEY AND I HAVE SOME BAD DREAM IN NIGHT....
I NEED HELP. PLEASE HELP ME! I PRAY GOD FOR YOU TO ANSWER ME PLEASE!!!!!
WHAT TO DO?" (A refugee from Ivory Coast)
"Here in Kiev,yesterday,a colleague refugee,a Congolese was killed by skinheads.Please help table our predicaments to the UNO in NEW YORK. We are living in fear. We need resettlement urgently to other countries." (A refugee from Cameroon).
Everyday, refugees are attacked by skinheads, every three month one of them is murdered. Only in October, 2007, a young Bengali man was stabbed to death and three Chinese students seriously injured. Refugees in Kiev are terrorised and terrified. Neither police nor politics seem to respond and so far they are without protection.
For further information read
* Reuters AertNet, 8. July 2007: Ukraine: UNHCR concerned by rise in attacks on asylum seekers, refugees: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/UNHCR/45ca151baa0d363f5b5b4eba8b25d326.htm
* UNHCR Coutry Information Ukraine: http://www.unhcr.org/country/ukr.html
* Human Rights Watch: Ukraine: On the Margins. Rights Violations against Migrants and Asylum Seekers at the New Eastern Border of the European Union: http://hrw.org/reports/2005/ukraine1105
* ecoi.net: European Country of Origin Information Network on Ukraine, http://www.ecoi.net/ukraine
* More on the situation of refugees in Ukraine[/url] and the Pawschino refugee camp in the western Ukraine: http://pawschino.antira.info/category/situation-of-refugees-in-ukraine
The question is: What to do? It seems that the refugees need some sort of publicity, a campaign, some moral, political, financial and even physical support... Let's make it public!