The latest news was that security have locked the doors of the lecture theatre, and are refusing to let anyone in or out, except to provide food.
The occupation will continue until the demands are met. These are as follows:
• That the university suspend all relations with companies enabling the conflict and/or occupation, including Eden Springs (contingent on access to information to establish which other companies are implicated)
• That the university divest from BAE Systems, MBDA, QinetiQ, Rolls Royce and all other “arms and defence” manufacturers whose products are proven to be in use by the Israeli military
• That the university make scholarships available to students trapped in Gaza, unable to study for university qualifications because of restrictions on them and their institutions, in violation of international human rights law
• That the university collect and ship donations of unused property to war-damaged Gazan schools and hospitals (e.g. text-books, chairs, computers)
• That the university provide logistical and financial support for a series of informative lectures on the Palestine/Israel question
* Solidarity Demo planned for later today outside the occupied theatre – exact time TBA, watch this space! *