In the past, we have organised actions around issues such as Palestine solidarity and anti-militarism, including:
- Disrupting a lecture on aerial bombardment by RAF Air Marshall Stuart Peach
- Blockading and shutting down an army recruitment centre in central Sheffield for a day in 2007.
- Protesting against arms manufacturers and the military at every Careers Fair since 2007, including dismantling Rolls-Royce and QiniteQ stalls in May 2009.
- Launching the 'Kick 'em Off Campus' campaign, which mobilised students against the presence of the OTC and other military bodies on campus.
- Occupying two lecture theatres in the Hicks Building (and later the Exhibition Space in the Jessop West building) in opposition to Israel's attack on Gaza, in solidarity with the people of Palestine and in support a list of demands presented to University management.
2. SAN is opposed to all forms of prejudice and discrimination and committed to liberation for all oppressed groups within society.
3. SAN is committed to radical participatory democracy and sees direct action as a fundamental means for achieving this.
Sheffield Activist Network