firstname.lastname@example.org (Pat) | 29.07.2010 23:24
As usual with 12 events in the coming fortnight life is too short to add them individually to the diary, though we'll try, so here is a summary from the fortnightly coordinating meeting.
Friday 30th: Vegan Free Food Giveaway
- Prepare foods at Sumac from 10am to get to town for 12-ish
Saturday 31st: Nottingham Pride
- Nottm AR leafletting on behalf of Refs4Pets (temporary pet fostering
for families fleeing domestic violence).
- Meet 10.30 at bandstand at Arboretum.
- Also fringe stall at Pride, with leaflets for Meat Free Monday / VeggieDay, which main speaker human rights
campaigner, Peter Tatchell, is endorsing (see http://www.veggies.org.uk/2010/07/make-yours-a-meat-free-monday/)
Sunday 1st Aug : Midlands Coalition meeting
Sun 1st: Derby Animal Rights fundraising gig
- 4pm at The Old Bell, Saddlergate, Derby DE1 3NQ
Sun 1st: Pagan Pride - http://www.paganpride.org.uk/?page_id=527.
- Meet at 10.30 Robin Hood Statue by Nottm Castle
Mon 2nd: Greyhound Action Benefit at Bar One in Derby.
Wed 4th to Mon 9th: Earth First! Summer Gathering near Ashbourne.
- Daily vegan cake bakery + campaign workshops with Veggies
- Help welcome on any day. Call Pat 07870 861837
- 25 miles from Nottm: http://www.earthfirstgathering.org.uk/2010/where.html
- Details from http://www.veggies.org.uk/event.php?ref=1735
Wed 4th: Derby Animal Rights Meeting
- Probable launch of foie gras campaign.
Thurs 5th and Tuesday 10th: Brinsley Animal Rescue workday
- Transport from Broxtowe and Hucknall
Fri 6th: Greyhound Demo
- 6.30 at the Nottm track.
Sat 7th: Lush campaign for Animal Protection Agency
- To be launched with a children's party on Saturday
- Followed by a media stunt on Wednesday 11th.
- Follow up with campaign at new exotic pet store at Japanese Water
Gardens (animal circus venue)
- and New World Exotics in Beeston selling skunks, meerkats, racoon etc.
Sun 8th: Riverside Festival
- possible AR leafletting - meet at Lions at noon
- Trading Standards say they can breed guinea pigs and rabbits without
a licence, so only RSPCA can deal with welfare violations.
- Stalls and leafletting continue - contact Nottm AR
Animal Rights Gathering : Fri 27th - Mon 30th August
Veggies travelling 6pm Thurs - back 6pm Mon
- Leicester lab contractors
- Demos possible, subject to drivers
- 44 miles down M1 and M69 near Leicester. Route:
- see http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/05/452184.html