Our demands to the University of Warwick are as follows:
- The University of Warwick is to condemn the government’s plans for the restructuring of higher education; this includes but is not limited to:
•the recommendations of the Browne Review and the Government’s Comprehensive Spending Review
•the raising of tuition fees
•the removal of public financial support for Arts and Social Sciences.
- That the Vice Chancellor should use his position within the Russell Group to oppose the cuts.
- For the University to allow people to freely enter or leave the Arts Centre Conference Room for the duration of the occupation so that we may continue to peacefully protest and have access to sanitation, food and water.
- A clarification of the security team’s position regarding their presence and our access to and from the building.
- The University to provide transparency of university finances: this includes current and future budgets, with specific references to domestic and international tuition fees and departmental spending.
- Individual University departments to have the right to protest against the cuts.
- No victimisation or punishment of any kind for students and staff who have protested, are protesting and will protest.
- The Vice Chancellor (or most senior authority currently on campus) to meet with us and discuss our demands in person.
We consider these demands to be fair and reasonable, and would appreciate a quick response.
Students of the University of Warwick