By a consensus decision of all students in the room, the occupation continues to put forward the following demands:
* Free movement to and from the occupation
* No victimisation of participants in this occupation or in previous or future actions against fees & cuts
* For Cardiff University to issue a public statement opposing any rise in fees
* For Cardiff University to issue a public statement opposing any education cuts
* Full disclosure of university finances
* Meaningful student and staff participation in budgetary and financial decisions
The occupation received the university's Estates Manager, who refused to respond to the demands the students have put forth.
The occupation has received statements of support of Plaid Cymru and lecturers' union the University and College Union, in addition to the following organisations:
PCS Wales, Cardiff Trades Council, Cardiff Against the Cuts, Wales Shop Stewards Network, Right to Work Campaign, Youth Fight for Jobs, Hungry Planet Cooperative, Wales Green Party, Socialist Party, Socialist Worker Party, Communist Party Wales, Cymdeithas ir Iaith Gymraeg, Phil Deacon NUT (PC), Rob Williams UNITE (PC), and the student occupation at Edinburgh University.
Hungry Planet Cooperative also provided food for the occupiers.
Action Against Cuts Cardiff extends its solidarity and support to all other peaceful militant occupations across Britain and all those fighting the neo-liberal consensus of austerity and cuts, whether they be the illegitimate Liberal-Conservative coalition in Westminster or the lapdog administrations in Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast. It furthermore condemns the marketisation and privatisation of education and other public goods and services by private companies putting profits before basic human need.
Students and staff from UWIC, University of Glamorgan, and three colleges have also taken part in today's action at Cardiff.