Anarchadia | 04.03.2011 00:27 | Globalisation
If you consider political satires, like Jon Stewart or the Colbert report to be good and democratic… you might just be a little wrong. Did Jon Stewart help impeach Bush? Did Bill Maher make America atheist? Did Stanley Kubrick’s movie “Dr. Strangelove” halt nuclear bomb manufacturing? Did Monty Python remove the queen of England?
The answer to all of these questions is NO. These shows present beautiful and selfless images, while the reality is often more grim. These shows are manufactured in big-time studio producers’ offices, with of course, the supervisors and lawyers who represent mainstream corporate interests. These shows represent a product, and are sold to advertisers as such. The same mythologies are created for companies such as Google and Microsoft. Google is a big-time military contractor, and therefore a good friend of the Pentagon’s interests.
Good examples of this psychological manipulation, is paying to go to church and having the book read to you (Scientology), paying to watch commercials on your digital cable or basic cable television, or even (contemporary) paying a walloping bill for your cell phone and receiving text messaged ads you never asked for(or in the future ads before your phone call). Are your sentiments that this tom foolery is all indirect and harmless?
Decent services have been manipulated into products. Hardcore capitalists glorify this manipulation as truthful and honest. Google has a motto “don’t be evil”, created while they were at the beck and call of the Department of Defense with billion dollar contracts. Even the spiritual Macintosh, has been implicated in this public phenomenon. During the Iraq invasion, Macintosh received large contracts from the Bush Administration. Or, we could simply talk about the billions of dollars which go into the Department of Defense’s Public Relations Campaigns, NASCAR sponsorings, X-Game sponsoring and several videogame creations. All this, in the name of giving constant face lifts to an Empirical army. Same went for Nike after the Chinese sweatshop incident. Or even Blackwater’s face lift which is currently in the making.
Realities are often a tad more illusory then they appear to be at first glimpse.
Psyops, propaganda, or information warfare… whatever you chose to call it, does exist. Today it is everywhere, and practically inescapable. Yet it is not seen as a threat, when it might just be the iron curtain which has been pulled over much of the Western and Eastern World. This is essential in understanding Global Corporate Take-over, because Psy-operations are part of the problem.
We have heard the statistics: over a million dead in Iraq, 1% of our planet living off of the other 99% and over a billion people living in absolute poverty. Yet our televisions have been telling us for decades, that they are in the happenings of making a better world.
Yes, they are making a better world…. but not for us. They are making a better world for the rich. We have allowed our Universities to clamor on the highly intellectual frequencies, that this is all a constant scheme for the greater good. Elitism, money, violence, victims, and hatred are all for the greater good. Well, said like this I would disagree. But if it is painted up like a Michelangelo ceiling piece, then everyone looks up, and not down. “Baby, don’t worry, caus’ every little thing is gonna be alright” sang by a Jamaican voice, while half of the island is impoverished and enslaved to the IMF’s Corporate interests. Interestingly enough, also on the sound track of the mainstream movie “Battle of Seattle”. Recent protests, such as in Toronto last year or Strasbourg’s the year before, were far worse in retrospect than Seattle’s. “The movie ran through me” whilst our televisions told us that these protests were normal, and were naturally being repressed, in the good, honest, almost sacred spirit of private interest. But hush, hush caus’ everything is gonna be alright, baby…
Part 2: 3/06/11