None of the university teaching staff was consulted about the cuts. A majority of the excellent, dedicated tutors are under imminent threat of losing their jobs. Students already enrolled on the courses face an uncertain future. There have been rumours about transfers to other universities with which WE DO NOT AGREE. This statement is our call for help to save our university, our future and our dreams: to keep London Metropolitan University open to everyone, regardless of their social class, wealth and chosen subject of study. The purpose of this occupation is to present the Vice-Chancellor with our demands:
1) Meeting with Vice- Chancellor
2) Transparent process and direct communication
3) University management goes back to HEFCE to renegotiate repayment terms
4) Vice- Chancellor to accept proposals put forward by staff in HALE
5) University retracts decision of cuts of ALL courses
6) Students on existing courses which are being deleted, WILL NOT BE TRANSFERRED.
7) Free access IN and OUT of the Occupation
8) No student is victimized following action taken to occupy the space.
There is no other university which offers such a wide range of courses as London Metropolitan. We do not want to be transferred. We are proud to be London Met. Help us save our university and our future.
Claire Locke : Student Union President Elect
Agnes Panasiuk, Daniel Sado: Performing Arts students
Contact: Claire Locke
Mobile: 07957 540012
London Met Student Union President