Ducks and geese on foie gras farms are caged, unable to spread their winds nor have access to water. On a daily basis huge amounts of grain are pumped into their stomachs via pipes - this in turn creates a diseases liver sold as this sick 'delicacy'.
In the past three days six restaurants, hotels and deli's across the Midlands have agreed to stop selling and serving this barbaric product.
* The Talbot Hotel - Northants
* Brandon Hall Hotel – Coventry
* Launays Restaurant – Mansfield
* French Living – Nottingham
* Winster Foods – Chesterfield
* The Royal Oak - Northants
The campaign wages on as part of a national concerted effort to rid the nation of foie gras. Get up, get active and get involved!