for Drone Campaign Network | 26.09.2012 08:42
The Drone Campaign Network's Week of Action is part of International Keep Space for Peace Week. Here is a list of events: to let us know of an event not listed here please email us.
WEEK LONG EVENTS
Drones Peace Walk. During the Week a group of peace campaigners will raise awareness of the drones issue as they walk through towns and villages and visit sites connected to the drone wars. See daily guide for more info.
Pedalling for Peace: A 100 mile bike ride from Fylingdales to Menwith Hill and series of evening meetings to highlight the role that the two Yorkshire bases play in the weaponization of space, nuclear proliferation & drone wars. See daily guide for more info.
DAILY GUIDE TO EVENTS
Saturday 6th Oct:
- Drones Peace Walk begins at Shenstone (see below)
- Demonstration at UAV engines at Shenstone (near Birmingham). Meet at the train station at 10.30am then demonstration at the nearby Elbit factory until 11.30. Contact & further details.
- Keep Space for Peace demonstration at RAF Croughton, Oxfordshire. Further details
- Pedalling for Peace Cyclists pre-meet & social , 7pm , Whitby YHA. Contact & further info
Sunday 7th Oct:
- Drones Peace Walk: Leave Tamworth 9am for long walk (approx 17 miles) to Hinckley. Contact & further details.
- Pedalling for Peace: Whitby – Pickering via Fylingdales. Contact & further info.
- Public meeting, Pickering: Yorkshire’s Role in the Weaponization of Space: Friends Meeting House, YO18 7AX, 7pm Contact & further info.
Monday 8th Oct:
- Drones Peace Walk: Leave Hinckley 10am for 12 mile walk to Leicester . Contact & further details.
- Demonstration at the Thales Watchkeeper drone factory, Scudamore Road, Leicester, 3.30pm. Contact & further details.
- Pedalling for Peace: Cycle route: Pickering – York. Start time 10am from Pickering Friends Meeting House. Contact & further info.
- Public Meeting, York : Yorkshire’s role in Drone Warfare: 7pm, Friargate Friends meeting house, YO1 9RL. Contact & further info.
- Public Meeting, Birmingham: Queens Foundation Chapel, A meeting of information and prayer, 7.30pm – 9pm. All welcome. Further details and info
Tuesday 9th Oct:
- Drones Peace Walk: Gather at Gandhi’s statue, Belgrave Road, Leicester at 9.30am for readings, 10am leave for Loughborough 12 miles, evening meeting in Loughborough, venue tbc. Contact & further details.
- Public Meeting, Tavistock: ‘Drones: The future of war?’ with Chris Cole. Further details.
- Pedalling for Peace: Cycle route: York – Harrogate. 10am from Friargate Friends meeting house, York. Cycle route: Harrogate – Menwith Hill 4 -4.30pm from Harrogate war memorial. Contact & further details
- The Faceless Face of US military Drones: CAAB demonstration at main entrance to the American base at NSA Menwith Hill, near Harrogate HG3 2RF (6- 8pm). CAAB will be welcoming and joined by the cyclists from Fylingdales at this demonstration. Plastic faceless masks will be available to wear – also hot soup/cakes for the cyclists and you! Contact and further info.
- Handing in of Petition calling for Welsh Government to withdraw support for testing of drones at Aberporth and over Wales, Senedd, Cardiff.
- Public Meeting, Lewisham: ‘Remote killing – the morality of drone warfare’ with Gabriel Carlyle, Lewisham Town Hall, 7.30pm. More Info
Wed 10th Oct:
- Drones Peace Walk Leave Loughborough 9am, walk to Nottingham, 15 miles, staying in Friends Meeting House, peace supper. Contact & further details.
Thurs 11th Oct:
- Drones Peace Walk: Leave Leicester FMH 9am, walk to Southwell, 13 miles. Contact & further details.
- Drones Peace Walk: Leave Southwell on bus 28 to Newark at 9.38, then bus 47 from Newark at 10.40 to outskirts of Lincoln then walking 5 miles to Friends Meeting House. Hosted in houses. Possible evening meeting. Contact & further details.
- Demonstration outside London office of General Atomics, Tower 42, Old Broad Street. Organised by London Catholic Worker. Contact for further info.
- Vigil & witness, UAV Engines, Shenstone 10.30am – 11.30am. Contact and further details.
Saturday 13th Oct:
- Drones Peace Walk Leave Lincoln 9am, walk 6 miles to RAF Waddington.
- Demonstration at RAF Waddington from 12 noon until 2pm. Contact & further details.
- Street stall , Porthmadog, Fellowship of Reconciliation, 2.30pm
- Street stall, central Bristol, 11am – 4pm More info
- Street stall, St Andrews, Fife. Contact for further info: robin.waterston128[at]gmail.com