A movement which started with no more than a few members to a sizeable expansion of around 30 or more active members within the region, the North East EDL/NEI is a growing concern and threat.
There are 4 significant members within the North East EDL who are Regional Organisers (R.O):-
1) Alan Spence - an EDL Regional Organiser for the North East and a former BNP candidate who lives in Benwell:- http://uaf.org.uk/2011/12/jailed-thug-spence-hitler-fan-bnp-candidate-and-edl-boss/
Alan Spence is known to of been sent down for attacking The Irish centre's left meeting:- http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/edl-gang-jailed-attack-newcastle-1407869
2) Steve Hewitt - an EDL Regional Organiser for Newcastle who lives in Elswick.
3) Colin Dodds, 39 - an EDL Regional Organiser for County Durham and lives in Bishop Auckland.
4) Jack Campbell - an EDL Regional Organiser for Sunderland and lives in Sunderland. Jack Campbell was also caught out giving nazi salutes in photos too.
Also there are 2 significant members within the North East Infidels, a splinter group of the EDL and are know to of organised the recent demos in Shotton and Hartlepool.
1) Warren Faulkner - NEI member from Westlea, Seaham organised 'Ban the Burka' demonstration in Hartlepool in late 2013.
2) Anthony Smith - NEI member from Hampshire Place, Peterlee helped organise the second EDL/NEI demo in Shotton in late 2013.
In addition there are a further 12 significant members within North East EDL and possibly more who are known to have air rifles and various other weaponry (Machetes, Baseball bats and more):-
1) Liam Snaith, 20 of South Shields armed with an air rifle in 2011. He also wrote a note to say that he didn't condone the Norway killings.
2) Mac McDougall from Newcastle/South Shields armed with a sawn off shotgun.
3) Connor McCoy from South Shields armed with a Crossbow
4) Lee Patrick, 27 from Houghton le Springs, Sunderland armed with an Air Rifle and Lee Patricks face covered on 2013 EDL demo in South Shields
5) Shane Martin of Jarrow armed with an air rifle
6) Hollie Smallwood, 28 from Durham owns a knife and two possible air guns. She claims this picture of her holding two air rifles on the right don't belong to her. Hollie is know and pictured being a BNP supporter. She also has numerous of Swastika tattoo's including her wrist and back.
7) Colin Dodd, 39 from Bishop Auckland armed with an Air Rifle and owns 2/3 more air rifles and a machete.
8) Stephen Pescod, 36 of Sunderland also a supporter of 14/88 and the BNP armed with an Air Rifle.
9) Mark Turnbull (ex-BNP member from Gateshead) armed with an air rifle.
10) Leslie Smith, 33 from Sunderland also a BNP supporter owns a Machete and Air-Rifle.
11) Nikki Campbell from Sunderland possibly owns a baseball bat. Here he is brandishing one with Thomas Robson, a Sunderland EDL member.
12) Gary Knox from Dunston owns a range of blades and knives in his house.
Furthermore the North East EDL currently use 7 main social networking pages on Facebook which they operate with. They also use a 'secret' Facebook group page to organise their flash demos with:-
1) North East EDL Facebook page
2) Sunderland EDL Facebook page
3) County Durham EDL Facebook page
4) EDL Teesside Division Facebook page
5) EDL Middlesbrough Division Facebook page
6) EDL Newcastle Division Facebook page
7) EDL Durham and Darlington Facebook page
The North East EDL has also attempted on atleast two occasions to start an EDL youth movement entirely from social networking though both failed to deliver.
For a list of North East EDL members visit:- http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2013/12/514369.html