Street Drinkers Hangout, 8pm Friday 27th March
Call 07583640282 closer to the date for exact location.
The event will start with a workshop at 4pm to create banners for the event & also demostration outside the Spanish Embassy the following day.
It will then be followed by a vegan peoples kitchen at 8pm for a suggested donation, come and help early to prepare a tasty meal for the event if you can spare the time.
Once the food is served up we will have live performances from several poets/musicians, then presentations about the current situations in Calais and Morocco.
The finale to the night is a no borders related poetry slam, come bring your poetry and battle it out against borders, nations and fortress Europe.
Calais Migrant Solidarity & Morocco No Borders also need your help on the ground as well, if you can bring the following to the event us well, we will make sure it gets to the people who most need it:
What is needed on the ground :
* Tents, tarps and sleeping bags – we always need lots of them;
* Bikes, bike trailers and bike repair stuff – are always needed and really useful for people to stay mobile and get around;
* Pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, cutlery – for people in the squats and jungles;
* Books, dictionaries, texts, zines etc – in any and all languages. Especially, English, French, Italian, Arabic, Pashto, Farsi, Tigrinya, Amharic and Greek;
* Games & music making – card games, board games, footballs, basketballs, and any instruments etc;
* Tools – for fixing stuff;
* Phones, phone chargers and sim cards;
* Cameras – we are always in need of good cameras as they are often damaged / destroyed by the police;
* People – if you have time, energy and any skills come and support people in Calais.
Also there is a big callout for bikes & parts in Calais for their bike workshop:
Bikes without borders: Call-out to bring bikes to Calais
We have started to build up a bike workshop in a new space in Calais.
We have some basic tools and some second hand parts. Everyone is eager to build and fix bikes to be able to get around and make daily life easier. People are coming everyday to search for bike possibilities and fix what we have with very limited resources. The only tools we have now are basic DIY tools but not bike tools.
It is the perfect time to bring bikes to Calais as the space we have is big for working and storing parts.
- bikes! (in any condition)
- wheels, tyres and a lot of inner tubes
- brake parts
- DIY and bike tools
- spare parts
- lights (long lasting)
- lamps for night work (rechargable, not electric)
- bike locks
Second hand tools or parts are great, everything is possible in Calais! We don’t know how long the space will last so hurry.
Contact to let us know when you will come and to ask any questions:
06 45 46 59 86 (from inside France) 00 33 6 45 46 59 86 (from outside France) firstname.lastname@example.org
For general updates: http://calaismigrantsolidarity.wordpress.com/
No Borders Morocco: http://beatingborders.wordpress.com/
destroy the borders & nations in your head