Key messages from first general Asembly of Occupy LSX held outside St Pauls cathedral 15October
1) The current system is broken - undemocratic, unjust. We need alternatives. This is where we start working towards them. We will work out further points in the course of the occupation.
2) We are all ethnicities, classes, genders and generations - and we stand together with occupations all over the world.
3) We refuse to pay for the bankers' crisis.
4) We support the strike on 30th November, the student actions on 9th November, and actions to defend the health service, welfare and employment, and to stop wars.
5) We want structural change so the world's resources go to caring for people and for the planet, and not to the military, corporate profits, or the rich.
6) THIS is what democracy looks like.